Skip to main content

A shift in consciousness

Damn, I should fire the blogger who runs this site.

I promised myself I would blog more often, more consistently, but it seems as if I've made too many promises of late and this was one of the first to be broken.

It's not as if I've neglected writing. Au contraire. In fact, I'm probably writing as much as I did when I blogged every day. But I'm juggling more than a half dozen blogs, all for the progressive cause with the exception of this personal blog. I'm just not writing here for myself, I'm out there writing for others.

Maybe I didn't really break my promise to myself about blogging; the experience of blogging has radically changed for me.

In some ways this is a culmination as well as a beginning. The last few years have been a long incubation, during which I began to blog. I've experienced a shift in consciousness, moving from introspection and deep contemplation outward towards action. I'm no longer writing about me and what's in my head but what's to be done and about others who are also acting or others who must be persuaded to take action.

How long will this next phase of spotty personal blogging last? I can guarantee it will be at least six months. Firm. You can bank on it. I know I'm betting a lot on it myself.

Now if only I could make a living doing this stuff. Yeah. Like that's an entirely new fantasy other bloggers haven't already had.

Comments

Art Jacobson said…
Rayne...

Why not cross post from the other blogs you are juggling?

Cheers,
Art

Popular posts from this blog

Liveblogged: U.S. vs. Libby -- A primer

As FireDogLake's liveblogging of Libby's trial continues, I note a number of abbreviations, acronyms, slang, shorthand popping up on the fly that most of us Plame-maniacs already know but newbies may not grasp. I'm going to try to document them here, a kind of not-so-secret decoder ring. If there's something you'd like to see added, leave me a comment and I'll cover it here. NOTE: in the event of a server crash at FireDogLake.com, check Windcatpond for announcements, as well as DailyKos for alternative live blogging posts. Complete list of FireDogLake's Libby trial live blog and related posts her e. Acronyms and Abbreviations: "ADD" From notes introduced during testimony by David Addington; abbreviation referred to Addington himself. ADDOPS ? -- Believe to be “Asst. Deputy Director Operations”-CIA (if you can confirm this one, leave me a comment, tks!) CIPA ...

A passing thought

It's been awfully quiet here in this new blog. I miss my Salon peeps stopping by whenever I posted in my old blog. Had a passing thought, though, while contemplating this new-found quietude: maybe the trolls won't find me here. [Sigh] There are tradeoffs for everything.

Veep in deep

The Veep "accidentally" shoots a fellow hunter. From here on there is absolutely nothing good about this story. It stinks like curdled milk and three-day-old fish on a summer's day in Dallas. How do we even begin to count the ways in which this reeks? The 22-hour gap: WTF? There's absolutely no excuse for this, we can all agree on this point. But why? Was a key person in this story under the influence of a substance that would take a day to clear? Were they trying to get their stories straight? Heck, could they not come up with a story? Or was the victim not in the clear for that long? The "group" of hunters: Why did it take even longer than the 22-hour gap to identify the third hunter? Why is the media repeatedly using the word "group" to describe two people (Dick Cheney and Pamela Willemore)? The composition of the party: A divorcee ranch owner. An older man who does not appear to be married at this time. A woman sans spouse....