Skip to main content

Noting a small business owner's first

First time I've ever been called by Dun and Bradstreet to update the information they have on record about my business.

Weird.

I guess I wonder now whether I should have asked questions before answering their questions.

Am I required to respond?

Is there any benefit to this listing and cooperating with their questions if I have no intention of seeking a business line of credit?

Can I de-list myself?

I hate this crap; it doesn't do anything for my rather tiny business with no employees save for myself. It doesn't add value to my day and only makes me sweat the small stuff.

Granted, I've used Dun & Bradstreet to screen customers and vendors while working at other businesses. The information was very helpful to me, but the situation is entirely different for me. I simply don't pose much of a risk to anyone. I'm chump change.

Oh well...maybe I'm on the verge of becoming something more than that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liveblogged: U.S. vs. Libby -- A primer

As FireDogLake's liveblogging of Libby's trial continues, I note a number of abbreviations, acronyms, slang, shorthand popping up on the fly that most of us Plame-maniacs already know but newbies may not grasp. I'm going to try to document them here, a kind of not-so-secret decoder ring. If there's something you'd like to see added, leave me a comment and I'll cover it here. NOTE: in the event of a server crash at FireDogLake.com, check Windcatpond for announcements, as well as DailyKos for alternative live blogging posts. Complete list of FireDogLake's Libby trial live blog and related posts her e. Acronyms and Abbreviations: "ADD" From notes introduced during testimony by David Addington; abbreviation referred to Addington himself. ADDOPS ? -- Believe to be “Asst. Deputy Director Operations”-CIA (if you can confirm this one, leave me a comment, tks!) CIPA ...

Veep in deep

The Veep "accidentally" shoots a fellow hunter. From here on there is absolutely nothing good about this story. It stinks like curdled milk and three-day-old fish on a summer's day in Dallas. How do we even begin to count the ways in which this reeks? The 22-hour gap: WTF? There's absolutely no excuse for this, we can all agree on this point. But why? Was a key person in this story under the influence of a substance that would take a day to clear? Were they trying to get their stories straight? Heck, could they not come up with a story? Or was the victim not in the clear for that long? The "group" of hunters: Why did it take even longer than the 22-hour gap to identify the third hunter? Why is the media repeatedly using the word "group" to describe two people (Dick Cheney and Pamela Willemore)? The composition of the party: A divorcee ranch owner. An older man who does not appear to be married at this time. A woman sans spouse....

A passing thought

It's been awfully quiet here in this new blog. I miss my Salon peeps stopping by whenever I posted in my old blog. Had a passing thought, though, while contemplating this new-found quietude: maybe the trolls won't find me here. [Sigh] There are tradeoffs for everything.